National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 857] Re: Question regarding computer literacy in aging workers

David Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 11:17:54 EST 2007

Hello Eduardo,

NCES is planning a new computer literacy assessment, I believe for
this year. I understand that it will focus on measuring adults’
ability to use digital technologies to access, manage, integrate,
evaluate, generate, and communicate information in order to pursue
personal, professional, and civic interests and goals. "The
computer literacy test will measure the ability to navigate the
Internet, handle emailing and instant messaging, and handle word
processing and spread sheets." (Sheida White, NCES, at the NIFL
BOard Meeting, March, 2006)

Sheida White at NCES might be able to tell you if there have been
other studies.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net