National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 852] 26 ways to keep up with technology

David Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 06:24:23 EST 2007

Technology colleagues,

in July, 2005 we had a discussion here about how to keep up with
changes in technology. I archived the discussion on the Adult
Literacy Education Wiki at
http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/AleTechnologyKeepingUp
and just updated it to include Barry Burkett's recent suggestion,
StumbleUpon.

Please take a look at the list of strategies to keep up. Are there
other strategies that should be added? Do you have comments on,
updates of, or refinements for the 26 strategies?

If you work with other adult education practitioners who need to keep
up with technology, but who may not (yet) subscribe to the NIFL
Technology discussion list, please share this list of strategies with
them, and ask if they have anything to add. If so, let us know what
they suggest. And of course I will add these ideas to the ALE Wiki
page.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net