National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 808] videoblogging and digital storytelling classes in dc

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Thu Jan 11 13:20:49 EST 2007

hi nifl-technology list colleagues -

over the next six weeks i'm going to be teaching these classes on
videoblogging and digital storytelling here in the washington dc-area. (see
below.) if anyone on this list has some videos or digital storytelling they've
done, i can bring it to the attention of the youth and adults in my classes.

also, do you see the way i use google's free blogger service to set up a
quick web site for this class announcment? i currently have about 80 "blogs" on
blogger. some might say i'm using the service in a way it was not really
intended, and i'd say, "yes, i agree."

while i know html, i don't have time to create an elegant web site every
time i need one. creating a new blog in blogger takes me less than 3 minutes and
serves my needs well.

down the road i'll use a better tool, once such a tool is developed.

- phil

Videoblogging and Digital Storytelling Classes

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com

Are you interested in learning how to put your own videos on YouTube, Google
Video and the Internet Archive? Would you like to learn the basics of digital
storytelling on the web using free and low-cost software tools? I'll be teaching
both subjects in affordable classes via the Takoma Park Recreation Department.
These small group classes, for teens and adults, are open to the public and are
starting in mid to late January. I also teach these subjects privately and in
small groups at other locations in the DC-area. Further details at
http://2007classes.blogspot.com/

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/pshapiro
http://philsrssfeed.blogspot.com