National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1847] Re: Best Sites For Valentine's Day, President's Day, Movie Trailers For ESL & More

Amanda Dunker andunker at zenbe.com
Thu Jan 8 10:30:13 EST 2009

Hi Everyone!
I work at an adult learning program that has a large population of teens mixed with "real" adults. We would like to do some sort of workshop about getting involved in politics online - whether it's local, national or global issues. We're going to try and capitalize on their Obama fervor. Does anyone have any ideas about good websites to go to? All I've got so far is learning how to write a good email to local representatives. In general, I think the people who would be attracted to this would be our younger students, who often have decent reading/writing ability. Thanks for any suggestions!
-Amanda