National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 817] Re: ESL Assessment

Mary V Gleason gleasonm at ccliteracy.org
Tue May 29 10:34:46 EDT 2007

Hi- ours is a small non-profit organization, and we do have a large ESL
population. I like the BEST-Plus oral assessment.

A great many of our learners who are educated in other countries can read
and write English quite well, and it is the oral portion with which they
struggle.

Mary V. Gleason
Executive Director, CC Literacy Council
4044 Greenwood Dr., CC, TX 78416