National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 801] Accessing Passing the Torch CAAL website

gspangenberg@caalusa.org caalusa at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 26 07:11:11 EDT 2007

Barbara and others --

Every test we've done, and communications from a wide range of people, indicate that the document can be accessed without trouble from our website -- for both Mac and PC. But 2-3 people have reported that they had difficulty on the first try (it is a very large document) and that only on the second attempt did it "take" (because a portion of the document had already moved to their computers. I am in the process of having the site rechecked to see if some problem has crept in that we're not aware of or if a certain computer capacity is needed to receive the download. But in the meantime, a bound copy of the publication can be ordered at a nominal cost by e-mailing bheitner at caalusa.org for ordering and payment instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Gail Spangenberg
Manager, National Commission on Adult Literacy
President, Council for Advancement of Adult Literacy
1221 Avenue of the Americas - 46th Floor
New York, NY 10020
212-512-2363
http:www.caalusa.org