National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 670] Re: Maintaining Our Instructional Role

Virginia Tardaewether tarv at chemeketa.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:39:41 EST 2007

How do we maintain our instructional role in a multi-level classroom
using computers/instructional materials/instructional practices ?

I haven't noticed that computer assisted instruction changes my role;
instead it gives me more time for one on one and less need for long
lectures. It also gives students who are homebound some options for
interaction. Some students love working on computers and some can't
stand it. CAI does help with computer skills a bit too and increases
computer comfort.
va