National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 571] Re: Opinions and thoughts about using Work Keysfor Adult Literacy Students

Limkemann, Karen Karen.Limkemann at fwliteracyalliance.org
Wed Jan 10 09:13:53 EST 2007

We use KeyTrain heavily with ABE, GED, and ESL but do not have access to
WorkKeys. The workforce development folks handle that testing in
Indiana. We have found KeyTrain to be a great tool for a variety of
folks.

You might want to contact someone in Michigan. It seems I heard that
they are going to use WorkKeys as a high school exit exam. I would
hesitate to use it as a pre-post tool as it is not diagnostic in nature.

Karen Limkemann

The Literacy Alliance

Fort Wayne, IN