National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2251] Re: What do we mean bystudentinvolvement and critical thinking?

Andrea Wilder andreawilder at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 14:12:40 EDT 2008

Even more stunning is the experience of following through in a way of
thinking or acting that instinctively feels wrong--actually, it may
be right, but because the way of thinking / behaving is so new, it
feels wrong.

Just because something "feels right" doesn't mean it is, and just
because something "feels wrong" doesn't mean it is wrong. Think of
learning a new sport--EVERYTHING will feel wrong, yet that is
probably the only way to learn.

Andrea