National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 1943] Re: Debunking Multiple intelligences

Kate Nonesuch nonesuch at mala.ca
Mon Feb 11 14:04:20 EST 2008

Thanks for the update, Wendy, on the research available about MI.
For me, MI work with students has three main benefits:

*
Learning about their strengths and weaknesses in MI terms helps students think and talk about themselves as learners, with responsibility for their own learning. It makes them less passive learners, and that's one of my goals.
*
Learning about MI theory makes them less resistant to trying out unfamiliar learning strategies such as using manipulatives or making models.
*
When I think about MI, I make more interesting assignments, and less boring can never be bad.

Kate Nonesuch
Career and Academic Preparation
Malaspina University-College, Cowichan Campus
222 Cowichan Way
Duncan, BC
V9L 6P4

nonesuch at mala.ca