National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 1828] Re: ProfessionalDevelopment

tjdclaire tjdclaire at cox.net
Fri Jan 4 15:44:19 EST 2008

I agree. In fact, in Arizona, one only needs a bachelor's degree and a
program that is willing to hire you in order to get certification. The
process goes much faster if one has certification to teach any other subject
or grade level...but that is not a requirement.
As I recall, as of 12 years ago, in New York there was no specific
certification for adult ed. A certificate in any other field automatically
qualified one to teach adult ed. I haven't heard of any changes, but then
I've been a few thousand miles away most of that 12 years.

_____