National Institute for Literacy

[LearningDisabilities 2130] Literacy and LD Project

RKenyon721 at aol.com RKenyon721 at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 19:29:24 EDT 2008

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for sharing information about your project. Who is the intended
audience in your community? Can you tell us more about it? Do you already have
a list of "current research" that you would be willing to share with us?

Thanks~

Rochelle

Rochelle Kenyon, Ed.D.
Moderator, NIFL/LINCS Learning Disabilities Discussion List
Center for Literacy Studies at the University of Tennessee
_RKenyon721 at aol.com_ (mailto:RKenyon721 at aol.com)

_Learningdisabilities at nifl.gov_ (mailto:Learningdisabilities at nifl.gov)

To subscribe:

To read archived messages:
_http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/learningdisabilities/2008/date.html_
(http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/learningdisabilities/2008/date.html)

Thanks, Rochelle, for sending the reference to the article. I passed the
site on to the members of our “video” committee. We had our first meeting
today to plan to show “Ennis’ Gift”, “F.A.T. City”, and “Beyond F.A.T. City”
to members of the community over the course of this coming school year for
the purpose of dispelling the myth that LD disappears after children are no
longer in school. In addition we hope to develop awareness of the
characteristics of learning disabilities, inform the community of current research and
offer resources where people can get help. I am excited about this venture, and I
love Lucille’s suggestion of putting Slingerland in grades K-2. Our Charter
School system is going to be very much involved in this “project” and this
will be a perfect opportunity to make this suggestion.
Betsy Gauss
Lake Wales Literacy Council tutor trainer
Orton-Gillingham certified tutor/trainer
140 E. Park Ave.
Lake Wales Literacy Council
Lake Wales, FL 33853

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.