National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 530] Re: peep?

Mary Jane Jerde mjjerdems at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 11:10:22 EDT 2006

Summer is a much better time for me to respond than the middle of the fall.

Sorry,

Mary Jane Jerde

Marie Cora <marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com> wrote:
Clean Clean DocumentEmail MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} Dear colleagues,

Are you out there? Is this a bad time for a discussion? Is the topic not of interest?

Aside from Virginia’s post last week, I haven’t heard from any of the 550 subscribers to the List. I’m assuming that the topic (Measuring Education Gains in Adult Literacy, 10/17 and 10/18) is of interest. But you need to let me know if it is or not. I generally gauge interest based on Subscriber responses, so if this is an indication, the topic is not hot (which surprises me).

Are there other topics you’d prefer to engage in? What are they? The purpose of this List is to provide a forum for discussion that goes well beyond your program’s walls, so if I’m not hitting on the right stuff, I really do need to hear from you. Membership here continues to climb, but you are all very silent.

I really want to hear your thoughts and I want to know how this List can serve you well. Please let me know. Feel free to respond to the discussion on Measuring Gains, but also, feel free to start your own discussion topic, or feel free to send your thoughts to the List or to me personally regarding other discussions that you would like to see happen – and I’ll make them happen.

I value and appreciate your membership highly – but a Discussion List is only as good as the discussions that occur. If you’ve never posted and that makes you a bit reticent, feel free to send me your post and I can do a couple of things like help you compose your message, or I can post your message for you anonymously. The important thing is for your voices to be heard.

Thanks!

marie

Marie Cora
marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
NIFL Assessment Discussion List Moderator
Coordinator, LINCS Assessment Special Collection
http://literacy.kent.edu/Midwest/assessment/