National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment] EFF in the classroom

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue Jan 10 15:01:01 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if one of our guests (or anyone who works with EFF!) can
describe how to use EFF to develop an assessment for the classroom.
Maybe this is a lot to ask, but if you can walk us through an example of
assessing Read With Understanding or Use Math to Solve Problems for
example, that would be great (but an example using any standard will
do!).

Also, how do you assess some of the Lifelong Learning and Interpersonal
Skills? Some of the Broad Areas of Responsibility and Key Activities in
the Role Maps (http://eff.cls.utk.edu/fundamentals/eff_roles.htm) are
pretty abstract and the concepts are large - can someone comment on
this?

Thanks,
marie
Assessment Discussion List Moderator