Research Menu

system_u:system_r:system_chkpwd_t:UNCLASSIFIED, how did I get here?

From: Ted X Toth <txtoth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 11:04:03 -0600

I'm running F8 with MLS reference policy (in permissive right now) and I'm trying to understand how I get into this context. I can understand how at some point while authenticating a transition to system_u:system_r:system_chkpwd_t would occur by virtue of running unix_chkpwd but then why wouldn't a transition to user_u:user_r:<*>_t happen? Also I'd like to understand how policy for pam, since it's a bunch of shared libraries, works. Are there any good sources of information on writing policy for shared libraries?