Budgeting and Taxes
- Bank Find – Is
your Bank or Savings Association covered by FDIC Deposit Insurance?
Check the FDIC’s “Bank Find” to verify whether your financial institution
is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Bank Products: What's Insured and What's Not – Mutual funds and annuities have their advantages, but it's important to understand how they work and what risks are involved.
Union Find – Find
a credit union in your local area
- E-Banking: Banking on the Internet – On-line discussion about on-line banking and questions consumers should address before signing up for that service.
- ETAsm --A Direct Deposit Account-- Is Direct to You (PDF) – Information on ETA --Electronic Transfer Account-- which uses direct deposit to transfer Federal benefits or payroll payments straight into your bank account. This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- In Plain English – Making sense of the Federal Reserve.
- Insured or Not Insured – A Guide to What Is and Is Not Protected by FDIC Insurance.
- Our Money – Examines currency issued by the U.S. government, including information about the history of currency, how money is printed, currency designs and counterfeit protection.
- Publications – Consumer Banking publications available from the Federal Reserve.
- The Life of a Check (Flash) – Ever wonder about the path your check takes after you write it? This link requires Flash 6.0 or higher.
- The Life of a Dollar Bill (Flash) – The path of a dollar bill as it moves from printer to shredder. This link requires Flash 6.0 or higher.
- Tips for Safe Banking on the Internet (PDF) – Brochure provides basic information and tips on using on-line banking services effectively.
- Your Investments – Consumer facts about investments that are not deposits and are not insured by the FDIC.
- Knee Deep in Debt – If you or someone you know is in financial hot water, consider these options: realistic budgeting, credit counseling from a reputable organization, debt consolidation, or bankruptcy. Tips on getting back in the black.
- Managing Your Money in Challenging