Risk Factors and Protective Factors
- What are risk factors and protective factors?
- What are the early signs of risk that may predict later drug abuse?
- What are the highest risk periods for drug abuse among youth?
- When and how does drug abuse start and progress?
Planning for Drug Abuse Prevention in the Community
- How can the community develop a plan for research-based prevention?
- How can the community use the prevention principles in prevention planning?
- How can the community assess the level of risk for drug abuse?
- Is the community ready for prevention?
- How can the community be motivated to implement research-based prevention programs?
- How can the community assess the effectiveness of current prevention efforts?
Applying Prevention Principles to Drug Abuse Prevention Programs
- How are risk and protective factors addressed in prevention programs?
- What are the core elements of effective research-based prevention programs?
- How can the community implement and sustain effective prevention programs?
- How can the community evaluate the impact of its program on drug abuse?
- What are the cost-benefits of community prevention programs?
Examples of Research-Based Drug Abuse Prevention Programs
- Universal Programs
- Selective Programs
- Indicated Programs
- Tiered Programs
Selected Resources and References
- Selected Resources
- Selected References