Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (February 2006)Back to main SUBCOOR pageJoin or leave SUBCOORReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:08:16 -0800
Sender:       Subject Coordinates Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: County Decimal Coordinates
Comments: To: Subject Coordinates Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

i sure am!! anything that saves me time when i'm cataloging is most welcome, and i've found that getting bounding-box coordinates and then entering them is one of the most time-consuming parts of cm cataloging. mary Colleen R. Cahill wrote: >Due to the kindness of David Cobb, Phil Hoehn and Mary Larsgaard, there is >an Excel table with decimal coordinates for every US county. This 411MB >file is available for download at ftp://ftp.loc.gov/pub/gmdndl/. Please >save the file before opening it so to put less stress on our server. Any >questions on the data will have to go back to Mary. > >I am also going to work on converting this data to the format used in the >MARC 034 field. If I succeed, is anyone else interested in this? > >Colleen > Colleen R. Cahill | [log in to unmask] > Digital Production Coordinator | (202)707-8540 > & Recommending Officer for | FAX (202)707-8531 > Science Fiction & Fantasy | Library of Congress >These opinions are mine, Mine, Mine! | Washington, DC 20540-4652 > >