About the Journal
Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD)
is a peer-reviewed electronic journal established to provide a forum for
public health researchers and practitioners to share study results and
practical experience. The journal is published by the National Center for
Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
The mission of the journal is to address the interface between applied
prevention research and public health practice in chronic disease prevention. PCD
focuses on preventing diseases such as cancer, heart
disease, diabetes, and stroke, which are among the leading causes of death
and disability in the United States.
Our primary audience:
- Researchers of chronic disease prevention
- Researchers of health promotion
- Public health practitioners
Our primary goals:
- To promote dialogue between researchers and practitioners on research
findings and practical experience
- To encourage interdisciplinary approaches that examine more than one
dimension of a public health intervention
- To advance the fields of chronic disease prevention and health
promotion by exploring new theories and concepts
For a complete list of journal staff, please click here.