DHRD’s STATE TRAINING TEAM
POLICIES FOR CLASSROOM COURSES
- Courses are presented tuition free and are open on a national and
international1 basis. Travel and related costs are at
the expense of the attendee’s agency. A modest fee may be assessed by the
sponsoring agency to cover the costs of course incidentals such as the training
room, breaks and AV equipment. Meals and their cost, if offered by the
sponsoring agency, are optional for attendees.
- The course registration contact with phone number and e-mail
will be posted with each course offering in the course
- To register for State Training classroom courses, please make contact
directly with the course registration contact at least 60 days in advance of the
course. Applicants will be notified by the sponsoring agency of acceptance to
- Courses may include some specific learning needs of the sponsoring agency.
Course content, duration, and dates are jointly agreed to by the sponsoring
agency, FDA regional and center staff, and DHRD’s State Training Team.
- The sponsoring agency administers the registration process under the
following general guidelines:
Courses are conducted by DHRD’s State Training Team in conjunction with the
appropriate FDA Regional Office, FDA Center and Headquarters and the sponsoring
state, local, tribal or federal agency.
Some courses have prerequisites and it is expected that participants
registering for these courses have met the pre-course requirements or
ORA U is an "Authorized Provider" of continuing education units (CEU)
through the International Association for Continuing Education and Training
(IACET). CEU are calculated at the rate of ten hours of instruction equaling one
CEU and ORA U course certificates are provided to those course participants
- Registration is on a first come basis with the following
- A majority of the course enrollment (80% of the
available training openings)will be reserved for the sponsoring
- The remaining portion of the enrollment (20% of
the training openings) will be made available to other regulatory
or investigative officials such as FDA, other federal, state,
local or tribal personnel outside the sponsoring agency’s
locality. Academia and industry applicants will
be accepted when all regulatory requests have been filled.
- Attend the entire course
- Participate in all class activities, and
- Successfully complete the assessment tool(s) (exercises) that measure the
participant’s attainment of course objectives.
1 International participants must
make their requests to Jim Fear, Manager, State Training, DHRD,
e-mail email@example.com or call (301) 827-8725.