Research Menu

Re: temporary hack to use udev in selinux

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl_at_lkcl.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:04:31 +0100

okay, i've added in some stuff for tmpfs, just like chris did, joshua.

if anyone would like to play with this (aside from kicking the udev developer) then you can find the code at http://hands.com/~lkcl/selinux/2.6.6.

it's too late in the morning to go making patches, sorry: help yourself. i'll sort patches later.

i added, like chris did, some "special" inodes stuff, and some stuff to do symlinks too.

of course, the default policy files all expect the root filesystem to be a hard drive not a tmpfs_t so boot poos up.

i started adding in selinux permissions to udev.te.

... i get the impression that i need to do stuff like create a new initrd that has /selinux in it and things.

but what i _can_ do that's fairly easy is write a message to the nice udev developer :)

l.