Research Menu

modules.conf "stability" by sorting entries in "make conf"

From: Erich Schubert <erich_at_debian.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:42:36 +0200

Hi,
attached is a tiny patch to refpolicy/support/segenxml.py which will sort module files before processing, so when you create a "modules.conf" file via "make conf", the entries will be sorted.

Right now, the ordering depends on your filesystem, which makes diffs (and especially merging) between modules.conf files unnecessary hard.

P.S.
Since sourceforge anon CVS is still broken, you can grab the current CVS via Debians subversion (thanks to Christopher for giving me RO access to the 'real' sourceforge.net cvs via ssh), or browse it at http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/selinux/refpolicy/branches/upstream/ The upstream branch is the unmodified checkout from CVS; the CVS dirs are there intentionally, but not up to date (since I want to keep them pointing to SF anon cvs, so anyone can update this branch). I guess CVS will be smart enough to merge identical changes once sourceforge anon cvs is updated again; so you should be able to run "cvs up" again afterwards.

best regards,
Erich Schubert

--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
     Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?     //\