Research

Re: X windows with i810 chip

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:22:00 -0500 (EST)

On 3 Dec 2001, Justin Smith wrote:

> Yes, I saw the reason for this problem. The file_contexts listing
> only assigns xserver_t to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper when many systems name
> the X server X or XFree86 (mine does the latter). I assigned the
> xserver_t type to both of these files and it solved the problem.

On my RH7.1 systems, the real X server is in /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86, but it must be executed via a setuid wrapper program, /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper. Hence, we put the xserver_exec_t type on the wrapper program rather than the server. /usr/X11R6/bin/X is a symbolic link to Xwrapper.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.