Research Menu

Re: old SE Linux patch for procps 3.1.12

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: 20 Oct 2003 09:10:24 -0400

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 00:52, Russell Coker wrote:
> Procps includes SE Linux support upstream, but it's a bit outdated.
>
> I have attached a patch to remove support for displaying SIDs. It is a bit
> rough and has a memory leak (allocates textual representations of contexts
> but never frees them - may be a problem for "top").
>
> I wrote this because I couldn't figure out how to get a straight patch for the
> new SE Linux, so I updated the old SE Linux code to be more like the new SE
> Linux code as an intermediate step.

My impression was that Albert Cahalan was going to directly implement support for displaying the /proc/pid/attr/* values since /proc/pid/attr is now part of the mainline kernel API. At which point you don't really need a SELinux-specific patch at all.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency