Research Menu

Manipulating user roles without policy-sources installed

From: Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:23:06 -0500

Take a look at this patch that will install the users file on the system and allow local admins to manipulate a local.users file. We still need to handle file context though, perhaps include filecontext file pre genhomedircon.

I want to change genpolusers syntax to be

genpolusers inpolicy outpolicy userfile1 [userfile2 ... ]

So if I add a user to /etc/selinux/strict/users/local.users I execute

genpolusers /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18

/etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18.new
/etc/selinux/strict/users/system.users \
/etc/selinux/strict/users/local.users

mv -f /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18.new
/etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18

load_policy /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18

Tools like useradd and system-config-users can start to manipulate
/etc/selinux/strict/users/local.users, to setup roles.