Research

my SELinux 2.5 policy tree

From: Colin Walters <walters_at_verbum.org>
Date: 19 Jul 2003 17:21:32 -0400

I'd like to announce the availability of my 2.5 SELinux policy tree; this is where I'll do development work. The Debian packages will only be updated infrequently.

I've been using the "arch" revision control system to maintain it: http://arch.fifthvision.net/

Arch is really cool, and if you are at all interested in a RCS better than CVS, it is very much worth checking out. Arch is especially ideal for the kind of situation we have with the various SELinux policies (the NSA's, Russell's, and mine at least), which are strongly characterized by asynchronous distributed development and repeated merging.

In particular you should use the "tla" implementation of arch, whose homepage is:
http://regexps.srparish.net/www/

After you've got it installed, here's how to download my policy tree:

$ tla register-archive walters@debian.org--2003-debian http://arch.verbum.org/arch-debian
$ tla get walters@debian.org--2003-debian/policy--debian--1.0

After that you can update it with (in the policy directory):

$ tla update --in-place .

I should note that tla 1.0 is fairly limited; the development version has many new features and cleanups that make it much more pleasant to use. Hopefully the 1.1 release will be out soon.