Research Menu

RE: I am concerned about putting genhomedircon changesinlibsemanage into Fedora 8.

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tycho.nsa.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:19:42 -0400

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 17:41 -0400, Todd Miller wrote:
> Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > - A diff of file_contexts.homedirs generated via libsemanage vs. the
> > old /usr/sbin/genhomedircon script shows differences on rawhide. Not
> > sure who is right. Diff below.
>
> It looks like the new genhomedircon is being overzealous in its
> replacemen
> of system_u.

The python script sets the default user from the __default_ entry in seusers and the default prefix from the default user's prefix. I don't see corresponding support in the C implementation; it seems to use a fixed value of user_u (which I think the python script did too at one point, but later changed to check __default__). In rawhide, __default__ is set to system_u rather than user_u for some reason.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency