Research Menu

tunable and if-else conditional

From: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus <stefan_at_sf-net.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:35:43 +0200

Hi,

reading an older poste (/research/selinux/list-archive/0610/ thread_body16.shtml) I wonder about the difference between tunable and an if-else conditional.

<quote>

Tunable_policy are blocks that will be replaced by a similar language feature when it becomes available. Tunables will be similar to conditionals, except they will be selected during the policy module linking instead of being selectable at runtime.
</quote>

Using the latest stable refpolicy (20070629) the feature has already changed? I would guess so because I can change the booleans via setsebool at runtime.

Looking at the file "loadable_module.spt" the tunable seems to me exact the same like a if-else conditional. But I'm not a M4 guy and wanted to make sure. Is this right that a tunable and a if-else conditional is the same now?

cheers,
Stefan