Research Menu

Re: make install fails if any users are in local.users

From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:19:16 -0400

> > Perhaps though genhomedircon itself could run setfiles -c though on e.g.
> > file_contexts.homedir.tmp before renaming it to file_contexts.homedir.

Can you clarify how this is different from the Makefile running setfiles -c? I thought this was working for a while, but it seems not - it's broken again:

/usr/sbin/load_policy /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.19 touch tmp/load
Building file contexts files...
Validating file contexts files ...
/usr/sbin/setfiles -q -c /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.19 file_contexts/file_contexts
install -m 644 tmp/system.users /etc/selinux/strict/users/system.users install -m 644
tmp/customizable_types /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/customizable_types Installing file contexts files...
install -m 644
file_contexts/homedir_template /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/files/homedir_template install -m 644
file_contexts/file_contexts /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/files/file_contexts Invalid values in the new file_contexts.homedirs. File not created. Bad file in file_contexts.homedirs.tmp
Output
was /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs.tmp: line 62 has invalid context phantom:object_r:staff_home_dir_t

Also, every error in the .tmp file causes it not to install, and I think it gets overwritten upon upgrade of the binary policy package to one without my local user customizations - I don't think the previous file is preserved. Then I run into trouble when I run restorecon on various things in /home, and it starts relabeling everything with the wrong role, since it has no knowledge of my users.

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2@cornell.edu>
Cornell University