Research

Re: default context files

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Frank Mayer wrote:

> Is there a reason why the cron_context file has a specific type
> (cron_context_t) and the default_context file has the generic etc_t type?
> We're trying to give a domain the ability to write both context files, and
> it seems excessive for it to have the ability to modify all files with etc_t
> type. Frank

We haven't previously needed to grant selective write access to the default_context (or default_type) files, so it hasn't been necessary to have a separate type. MITRE defined a separate type for cron_context when they worked on the crond policy. Feel free to submit patches to the policy and file_contexts configurations to provide separate types for the default_context/type files.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.