Research

Re: sshd

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Simon Han wrote:

> Before installing selinux, I used to have sshd running. However,
> with current selinux, sshd seems to refuse starting and response following
> message
>
> Privilege separation user sshd does not exist
>
> Has anyone encounter similiar problem? Can you give me a hand on this?

Read selinux/utils/openssh-3.4p1/README.privsep. This isn't specific to SELinux; the sshd pseudo user is needed by the privilege separation support in the new OpenSSH version.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.