The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) is making every effort to ensure that the information available on its Web site is accessible to all. If you use special adaptive equipment to access the Internet and encounter problems when using the NINDS Web site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 352-9424 or write NINDS, P.O. Box 5801, Bethesda, MD 20824 and the information you need will be provided to you in an alternate format.
This Web site is available in two versions, a graphical interface that uses tables for layout and an accessible version that has been designed to work better with adaptive technology, audio and text browsers, older browsers and small hand-held devices such as personal digital assistants.
With the exception of this page, each page of the accessible version of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) Web site is divided into five basic divisions:
- A brief page content title followed by the words National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. This is followed by a link to skip over the menus which are near the beginning on every page. Skipping the repeated menus takes you directly to the page content. Use this skip link to avoid cycling through the menus each time you come to a page.
- A menu called "Main sections of the NINDS Web site." This menu has seven links to the main sections under which this site is organized. The link text for the section you have entered has the added words "you are in this section" to aid in locating your position in the site.
- A menu for the section of the site you have entered. The heading announcing this menu begins with the name of the section such as "Funding section pages and search". The menu begins with a brief description of NINDS, has links to pages in the section, and ends with a search input form for the entire Web site and a couple of links for contacting NINDS and privacy information. When tabbing through links, the link text of the page you are on has the added words "you are on this page" or "you are on a page subsidiary to this page" to aid in locating your position in the site.
- Page content area starting with a heading "Content for this page" contains the unique, main information in the page.
- The last part of the page is the page footer. Contains links to these access instructions, the graphical version of the site, and to the start of the page. Also contains a phone number for contacting NINDS if you continue to have a special problem accessing this site.
Select either of these links to access the NINDS Public Website:
To learn more about the regulations governing the accessibility of Federal electronic information products, visit the Federal IT Accessibility Initiative Web site at www.section508.gov.