What Is Epi Info™?
||Latest Version: Epi Info™
August 18, 2008
With Epi Info™ and a personal computer, epidemiologists
and other public health and medical professionals can rapidly develop
a questionnaire or form, customize the data entry process, and enter
and analyze data. Epidemiologic statistics, tables, graphs, and maps
are produced with simple commands such as READ, FREQ, LIST, TABLES,
GRAPH, and MAP. Epi Map displays geographic maps with data from
Epi Info™ for Windows retains many features of the familiar Epi Info™ for DOS, while offering Windows ease of use strengths such as point-and-click
commands, graphics, fonts, and printing.
Key Features of Epi Info™
- Maximum compatibility with industry standards, including:
- Microsoft Access and other SQL and ODBC databases
- Visual Basic, Version 6
- World Wide Web browsers and HTML
- Extensibility, so that organizations outside CDC can
produce additional modules
- Epi Report, a tool that allows the user to combine Analysis output,
Enter data and any data contained in Access or SQL Server and present
it in a professional format. The generated reports can be saved as
HTML files for easy distribution or web publishing.
- Epi Map, an ArcView®-compatible GIS
- NutStat, a nutrition anthropometry program that calculates
percentiles and z-scores using either the 2000 CDC or the 1978 CDC/WHO
- Logistic regression and Kaplan-Meier survival analysis
- Data Compare does double data entry comparison
- Epi Lock password protects, encrypts, and compresses
Epi Info™ data
- Teaching exercises
- Allows analysis and import of other file types
- Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP or Vista is required.
- 32 MB of Random Access Memory. More RAM: 64 MB for Windows 4.0 and
2000, 128 MB for Windows XP.
- 200 megahertz processor is recommended - 300 for Windows XP or Vista.
- At least 260 megabytes of free hard disk space (Drive C) to install;
130 megabytes after installation.
- Windows XP Requirement — Window XP Service Pack 3 must be installed. Download Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Windows Vista Requirement — The DHTML Editing Control for Applications must be installed. Download the DHTML Editing Control for Applications.