Cats are very smart animals. But they still need special care.
- Give your cat fresh water every day. You do not need to give your cat milk.
- Feed your cat food that is made from beef, chicken, or fish.
- Choose a cat food that is right for your cat's age and weight. For example, if you have a kitten be sure to buy kitten food.
- Keep the litter box clean. Cats like it fresh!
- Keep string-like objects like tinsel, needles, threads and rubber bands out of reach. These things could hurt your cat.
- Take your cat to the vet (animal doctor) for vaccines so it will not get some deadly disease.
Did you know...
- Female cats are known as queens.
- Male cats are called toms.
To learn more about how to care for cats go to "Care and Nurturing of Cats."