4. Key Requirements for E-Services, and Cross-cutting Infrastructure IT Investment
- Success of E-Government services is directly dependent on the public's trust and confidence in doing business electronically with the Government.
- Information security, privacy and confidentiality need to be at the core of all E-Gov strategic
planning, and be an integral part of business process re-engineering.
- Government needs to use creative ways to achieve and fund the transformation to a
horizontal government, and leverage investments for the Federal marketplace.
- Electronic technologies and entry points to Government are vital to the transformation.
For example, Public Key Infrastructure, and Firstgov.
Responding to the challenge of E-Gov requires the establishment of organizational structures
with new roles and responsibilities, functions and resources that lead to results that