National Prevention Summit:
Prevention, Preparedness, and Promotion
October 26 and 27, 2006
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
- Note: Please save any files that you wish to view
to your local hard drive before opening them. Many of these files are 5
MB or more in size.
- You can download the
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer if you do not have the PowerPoint program.
Contact us if you need something in a different format.
- The Challenge
of Preventing Childhood Overweight and Obesity
- Lisa Hark, Ph.D., R.D.
The Family Perspective "Being on the front lines"
- 489 kb]
- David McCarron, M.D., FACP
An initiative of Shaping America's Health
[PPT - 5.7 MB]
- Jennifer Kotler, Ph.D.
Creating Sunny, Healthy Happy
[PPT - 38 MB]
Mission, Methods, Market &
Muppets [PPT - 10 MB]
- Renée R. Jenkins, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Preventing Childhood Overweight and Obesity:
The Pediatrician's Role
[PPT - 2.2 MB]
- Preparing for Public Health Emergencies: Avian Influenza
Concurrent Workshop Session I—Healthier
- (A1) Children
- (A2) Youth
- (A3) Seniors
- (A4) Families
- (A5) Underserved Populations
Concurrent Workshop Session II—Healthier Places
- (B1) Schools
- (B2) Workplaces
- (B3) Healthcare Systems
- (B4) Communities
- (B5) Faith-Based Settings
Concurrent Workshop Session III—Healthier
- (C1) Encouraging Preventive Screenings
- (C2) Establishing a Culture of Preparedness
- (C3) Promoting Health Literacy
- (C4) Nutritious Eating
- (C5) Engaging in Physical Activity
For questions or more information, please contact