How to Apply for or Manage a Grant
Fogarty International Center (FIC) does NOT:
- Accept unsolicited grant applications
- Provide grants specifically for foreign travel to meetings or conferences
- Provide training grants directly to students; we do provide training grants to institutions who select trainees.
General NIH Grants Information
How to Apply
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: All FIC grants are in response to program announcements posted on Grants.gov, and are searchable using the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts. To find program announcements, search using keywords from your proposed research. (You may also click on the Research Grants link on the left sidebar to find program announcements for FIC). At this time, Fogarty International Center does not accept unsolicited grant applications.
- Electronic Grant Application (SF424) Information: If your Funding Opportunity Announcement requires electronic submission, then use SF424 resources.
- Paper Grant Application (PHS 398) Information: If your Funding Opportunity Announcement does not require electronic submission, then use PHS 398 resources.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to FIC Grants Staff
For Current Grantees
Inquiries are encouraged. The opportunity to clarify any comments, issues, or questions is welcome. If you have any FIC-specific questions, please call our main line at: (301) 496-1653.