Return to the TSP.GOV homepage Help
How Do I...? Uniformed Services



HOW DO I...?

Uniformed Services

The questions below link to information for members of the uniformed services only.


Enroll in the TSP?
Change the amount of my payroll contributions?
Make "catch-up" contributions?
Move money from a traditional IRA or an eligible employer plan into the TSP?
Stop my contributions to the TSP?
Make sure my contributions (and loan payments) continue when I transfer to another service or become a Federal civil service employee?
Designate or change the beneficiaries for my TSP account?
Report a change of address to the TSP?
Get information about spouses' rights regarding TSP accounts?
Retrieve forms and publications designed for members of the uniformed services?

Contribution Allocations
Allocate (i.e., tell the TSP how to invest) new contributions among the various TSP funds?

Interfund Transfers

Transfer (i.e., move) money already in my account among the various TSP funds?
Cancel or change an interfund transfer request?


Apply for a TSP loan?
Document my Residential Loan Application?
Pay back a TSP loan?
Reamortize a TSP loan?


Withdraw money from the TSP while still in the uniformed services? 
Withdraw money from the TSP after leaving the uniformed services?

Account Information

Find my account balance on the TSP Web site? 
Get a Web password to give me access to account information on this Web site and a ThriftLine PIN to access my account information on the ThriftLine? 
Get written verification of my account balance?
Estimate my future TSP account balance?