IAC Announces "Top 5" Excellence.gov Award Winners For 2005
FAIRFAX, Va. - February 9, 2005 - The Industry Advisory Council's (IAC) eGovernment Shared Interest Group (eGov SIG) today announced the five federal agency program winners for the fifth annual Excellence.Gov awards program that were selected for demonstrating best practices in federal eGovernment implementations.
The "Top 5" winners were recognized for their achievements in eGovernment based on the following criteria: the program's impact on the agency's ability to deliver on its mission; an effective adoption strategy demonstrated by measurable results; the incorporation of industry and government best practices related to adoption strategy; and the evidence of excellent satisfaction among stakeholders, participants, and end-users.
"Top 5" Excellence.Gov Award Winners for 2005
(alphabetically by program name):
- E-Training Initiative, Office of Personnel Management - <snip>
- FAFSA on the Web, Department of Education - <snip>
- FDA Industry Systems (FIS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration - A global extranet used for food facility registration and prior notice of shipments for U.S. imports created under the Bioterrorism Act, FIS is an easy-to-use electronic registry of food facilities, providing advanced notice of food imports to regulatory personnel. Its functions closely align with HHS and FDA priorities for protecting the homeland by enhancing food safety and security capabilities and collaborating with other agencies of the federal government. FIS helps ensure that food entering the U.S. is safe for consumption. Providing a Web-based solution successfully addresses the challenge of moving food items rapidly over the border, while maintaining security of the imports.
- Online Customer Self-Service, U.S. Postal Service - <snip>
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS), U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - <snip>
The mission of IAC is to foster improved communication and understanding between government and industry. In support of this mission, the eGov SIG is devoted to identifying, exploring, and addressing issues that promote the implementation of eGovernment programs that will benefit society. The eGov SIG provides a forum for government and industry to identify and candidly discuss eGovernment and to facilitate the realization of the concept's promise.
2005 Excellence.Gov Awards
Sponsored by the Industry Advisory Council and the Federal CIO Council