• January 13. Follow-up to the March 27, 2008, Communication about the Ongoing Safety Review of Montelukast (Singulair). Information
• January 8. Follow-up to the January 25, 2008 Early Communication about an Ongoing Data Review for Ezetimibe/Simvastatin (marketed as Vytorin), Ezetimibe (marketed as Zetia), and Simvastatin (marketed as Zocor). Information
• December 31. Celgene issues a Dear Healthcare Professional letter describing a controlled clinical study suggesting that Innohep may increase the risk for death, compared to unfractionated heparin when used to treat elderly patients with renal insufficiency. MedWatch Safety Alert
• December 24. FDA approves degarelix for injection for patients with advanced prostate cancer. FDA News
• December 24. ETHEX and FDA notify heathcare professionals of a nationwide recall of a single lot of Hydromorphone HCl 2 mg Tablets due to potential for oversized tablets. MedWatch Safety Information
• December 22. FDA warns consumers about tainted weight loss pills. FDA News
More "What's New"