and Label Claims
Cosmetic Labeling Basics:
- Cosmetic Labeling: An Overview April 25, 2006
- The Cosmetic Labeling Manual October 1991
- Summary of Regulatory Requirements for Labeling of Cosmetics Marketed in the
An introduction to labeling requirements
- Cosmetic Labeling Regulations as Published in Title 21, Code of
Federal Regulations, Sections 701, 740 and Other Pertinent Sections.
The authoritative resource for cosmetic labeling requirements
- Cosmetic Labeling Guide.
The "How To" guide for cosmetic labeling. Answers to your labeling questions, with examples
- Summary of Regulatory Requirements for Labeling of Cosmetics Marketed in the United States.
- Key Legal Concepts: "Interstate Commerce," "Adulterated," and "Misbranded" February 9, 2000
- Code of Federal Regulations Relating to Cosmetics
Information About Specific Label Claims:
- Alcohol Free March 7, 2000
- Cruelty Free - Not Tested on Animals February 24, 2000
- Hypoallergenic October 18, 2000
- Is It a Cosmetic, a Drug, or Both? (or Is It Soap?) July 8, 2002
- Listing of Color Additives Exempt From Certification; Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Labeling: Cochineal Extract and Carmine Declaration: Final Rule January 5, 2009
- Proposed Rule: Cochineal Extract and Carmine Declaration January 30, 2006
- Guidance for Industry: Labeling for Topically Applied Cosmetic Products Containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids as Ingredients January 10, 2005
- FDA Response to CTFA Request Regarding the Use of Abbreviated Labeling for Declaring Certified Color Additives in Cosmetics June 7, 1999
- Requests Regarding the Harmonization of Ingredient Nomenclature