Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 
Email Your Question
Live Help - Web Chat
  show accessible links  
  FAQ Help  
View Product Hierarchy
          Search Tips 
  Answer ID  
  Environment, Energy and Agriculture
  More Topics
    Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
  Last Reviewed  
12/03/2008 03:01 PM

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print This Answer

 Email This Answer  E-mail Answer
  Reporting Dead Animals

Reporting Dead Animals


To report a dead animal, please call the law enforcement division of your state fish and wildlife agency. They can determine if federal laws were violated necessitating intervention by a Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) Law Enforcement Division Office.

Animals suspected to have been electrocuted, shot, poisoned or otherwise killed under suspicious circumstances should be reported immediately to a regional FWS Law Enforcement Division office.

You may also wish to contact your local or state health department or your local police department.

To report a dead animal on the side of the road or highway, please contact your local, county or state road commission. Or, you may contact your local police department. You can refer to your local telephone directory for the phone numbers.

If an endangered species has been injured or killed in traffic, please call the state fish and wildlife agency or the nearest FWS Ecological Service office.

For tips to help wildlife along roads, bridges, waterways, wetlands and uplands, please visit the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) web site.

Finally, you may also wish to view the following information:


  People who viewed this answer also viewed:
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results