Create a journal and write about your emotions every day!
Up and down, up and down…the teen years can seem like an endless emotional roller coaster. You might feel happy and confident in one moment, then sad or confused in the next. Why? Your body is changing, and your mind is very much a part of this change too. Just knowing that these highs and lows are normal can help get you through the tough times. This section of girlshealth.gov also can teach you some healthy ways to cope with the roller coaster.
Some topics you can find here include:
- Tips for boosting self-esteem and self-confidence
- How to know if your "blues" are depression
- Why some teens cut themselves and how to get help
- Healthy ways to handle stress
- How to help a friend who might run away
- Why some teens think about suicide
- The link between body image and self-esteem
- How anxiety and other mental health conditions can affect teens
You might think other girls have it all together, and wonder why you don't. But, be patient! Self-discovery takes time. Let close friends, family, and girlshealth.gov help you find your way.
Content last updated June 11, 2008