RE: repaint problem...

Message from the sgt mail list.

Greetings:

I am having very similar troubles.  I figure there must be a simple way to
handle this, but I can't figure it out from the API docs or source code.

I am displaying two data sets in a JTabbedPane:  dataset T is displayed in a
JTable, while dataset P is displayed in a JPlotLayout.  T and P each have
their own tab in the JTabbedPane.  T is the currently selected (visible)
tab.  Now I perform some calculations that update the data in both T and P.
All goes well *except* that the JPlotLayout forces its way to the front and
renders on top of everything.  If I click on the tab for T, this resets the
correct order (i.e., T's JTable becomes visible again), but this is
obviously an unsatisfactory solution.

Is there some simple way to force the JPlotLayout to know its place (and
stay there)?

Thanks in advance -- Mark Flood

Mark D. Flood
 Senior Financial Economist