Re: how can I download SGT jar files

Message from the sgt mail list.

The problem could be from several sources.

1) The files are jar files and if you just click on them the browser will
often try to load them into the java VM of the browser.  To get around this
you either "right-click" and select "Save Link As..." with Netscape or"Save
Target As..." with Internet Explorer.

2)  The file you want are on an ftp site at
ftp://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/sgt .  If you have access to an ftp client you
might try using it.

3)  You Internet domain might be one that our IT department has fended off
an attack from.  If this is so, the ftp client should give you more
information.

4)  Finally, I have just added http: access to the files.  Try this as last
resort.

Don

At 03:28 PM 3/23/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Message from the sgt mail list.
>

>hello I am student in Tel-Aviv University in Israel and I would like to
>download the files from the web but I am always get an error .
>I try this at both at windown and linux platform
>please if you can replay to this mail and help me with this problem .
>thanks
>
>Eitan Yerushalmi
>Israel .

Donald W. Denbo    dwd@pmel.noaa.gov
Ph: (206) 526-4487   Fax: (206) 526-6744
Collaborative tools: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/collab/
Netcdf Browser: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse
Scientific Java Graphics: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/sgt
EPIC Oceangraphic Data Management: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/epic