Deadlines and Submission Instructions
|September 3, 2008
||Call for proposals
|October 14, 2008
||Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted online by lead intramural PI
(deadline extended to 11:59pm on October 14, 2008)
|October 28, 2008
||Intramural Principal Investigator notified of Scientific Director(s) decision(s)
|December 15, 2008
||Full proposals submitted online by lead intramural PI
|December 30, 2008
||Primary intramural PI notified of review decision(s) by Scientific & Clinical Director to submit proposal for central review
||Recommendations by review team; Principal Investigator(s) notified of decision within two weeks of review session
Instructions for FY 2009 Bench-to-Bedside Proposals
Requirements for Letter of Intent (LOI):
The letter of intent is a new step in the bench-to-bedside application process. The LOI Will proVide the primary intramural investigator initial feedback on the concept/project idea and will let the intramural PI know if the Scientific Director considers the concept appropnate for consideration as a full proposal. LOIs will be submitted via an online database at https://proposalcentral.altum.com/default.asp?GMID=68 [disclaimer]. A tip sheet to assist with online submiSSIOns can be downloaded from the program website (http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/btb/awards.shtml). For the LOI, the following content is required:
(1) Project title
(2) Contact information for lead principal investigator
(3) Institute/center oflead pnnclpal mvestigator for proposed project
(4) Project summary information (summary of overall project; estimated budget; proposed collaborators).
Remember: the LOI is a brief conceptual 'snap-shot' of the formal proposal. It should be specific and to the point. The budget estimate can be very general, but should include how resources likely would be shared among collaborators if the project is funded. Please check all categones for which proposal might be considered. ThiS will assist SCientific Directors in recognizing those proposals that would reqUIre IC co-funding (Rare Diseases, Minority Health and General categories).
The lead PI can enable colleagues to access the LOI online during development; however the lead intramural PI must submit the completed LOI.
Requirements for online submission of proposal:
- To submit a full proposal, principal investigators will use the same online site used for the LOI https://proposalcentral.altUln.com/default.asp?GMID=68. Once endorsement from the Scientific Director has been received, the system can be accessed for development ofthe full proposal.
- This online tool will require the following mformatIOn be entered accurately and completely
- complete name, ICs or institutIOns, contact mformatIon for all principal and associate investigators
- budget mformation
- existing extramural grant number (if applicable)
- references (optional)
- biosketch (optional)
Customer support with online submissions for LOIs and/or full proposals will be provided by proposalCentral.
Contact information is: e-mail: email@example.com; Phone: 800 875 2562 (toll-free) or +1 703 964 5840 (direct
dial mternational) during normal business hours. Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm Eastern Time.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.