Recent Market Events: Information
for Individual Investors
The SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy provides a variety of services to address the problems and questions you may face as an investor. Below is information relevant to recent Commission action addressing short selling, money market funds, brokerage accounts, fair value accounting, and other issues.
Money Market Funds
- Temporary Exemption for Liquidation of Certain Money Market Funds (Interim final temporary rule) (November 20, 2008, IC-28487)
- The Reserve Fund; Notice of Application (October 24, 2008, IC-28465)
- Reserve Municipal Money-Market Trust, et al.; Notice of Application and Temporary Order (October 24, 2008, IC-28466)
- Treasury’s Temporary Guarantee Program for Money Market Funds (September 30, 2008)
- Investor Alert: Your Brokerage Account and Money Market Funds (September 29, 2008)
- Division of Investment Management Responses to Frequently Asked Questions about
The Reserve Fund and Money Market Funds (September 26, 2008)
- What is a Money Market Fund?
- What Should I Know About Mutual Fund Redemptions?
- Investment Company Act Rule 2a-7
- Additional Information
Prohibition on Short Selling Financial Stocks
Naked Short Selling
Short Selling Generally
Fair Value Accounting Standards
Circuit Breakers and Other Market Volatility Procedures