Ten Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- What is my risk for heart disease?
- What is my blood pressure? What does it mean for me, and what do I need to do about it?
- What are my cholesterol numbers? (These include total cholesterol, LDL or bad cholesterol, HDL or good cholesterol, and triglycerides) what do they mean for me, and what do I need to do about them?
- What is my body mass index and waist measurement? Do they indicate that I need to lose weight for my health?
- What is my blood sugar level, and does it mean I am at risk for diabetes?
- What other screening tests for heart disease do I need? How often should I return for checkups for my health?
- What can you suggest to help me quit smoking?
- How much physical activity do I need to help protect my health?
- What is a heart-healthy eating plan for me? Should I see a registered dietitian or qualified nutritionist to learn more about healthy eating?
- How can I tell if I am having a heart attack?