Scientific Review Branch
- Plans, directs, and carries out the initial review (including site visits, where appropriate) of all Institute applications for grants not reviewed by the Center for Scientific Review, NIH;
- Plans, directs, and carries out the technical merit review of all research and development contract proposals for the institute;
- Manages chartered review committees, the establishment of Special Emphasis Panels, and identification and selection of qualified experts to serve on these review committees;
- Works with program and grants management staff in writing solicitations for grants and contracts and is the official review expert for development of these announcements;
- Serves as the information and coordination center for all grant applications pending review by Institute initial review groups;
- Coordinates and maintains liaison relating to grant and contract review activities with institute staff and the Center for Scientific Review;
- Fosters effective communication and relationships with the scientific community to enhance review activities; and
- Develops and coordinates policies relating to scientific review and implements review policies established by NIH.
Peer Review (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/funding/grants/review/index.cfm)
Environmental Health Sciences Review Committee (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/supported/dert/srb/committee.cfm)
Teresa Nesbitt, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Scientific Review Administrators & Responsibilities (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/supported/dert/srb/responsibilities.cfm)
Janice Allen, Ph.D.
Linda Bass, Ph.D.
Sally Eckert-Tilotta, Ph.D.
Leroy Worth, Ph.D.
RoseAnne M. McGee
Branch Fax Number (919) 541-2503
Back to top