Immunization Information System 101: What Every Program Manager Should Know
Describes the nature, benefits, and basic functions of Immunization Information Systems to both the IIS and immunization communities.
Audience:The primary audiences for this module are:
- New IIS managers and immunization program managers;
- Newly hired state and local IIS staff, such as programmers, recruiters, and trainers;
- Immunization program staff, such as health educators, surveillance staff, and epidemiologists.
Others that could benefit from this module are:
- New provider stakeholder groups such as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Visiting Nurses’ Association;
- IIS users, such as participating providers’ office staff, schools, and the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children;
- CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases and other CDC staff;
- Providers considering participating in IIS,
- Anyone interested in learning about IIS.
CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases in partnership with the Association of Immunization Managers, the American Immunization Registry Association, IIS Grantees, and Every Child by Two.
To view or download:
Content last reviewed on October 9, 2008
Content Source: National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases